Saturday 6 March 2010

Day 6 & 7 - Success from failure?

I work up this morning and did 20 minutes work on my Abs; I really felt them working.  Walking will be the only Cardio I do today.  That and housework!

Dinner is made and eaten.  We had Bulghar Wheat Salad (it lasted a few days), raw Spinach and BBQ Chicken Drumsticks.  I didn't have any complaints from any member of the family.  It is lovely to see the way my children eat and we find there isn't much they don't like.  Except that is the Cornmeal Mush I experimented with this morning, that didn't go down well even with sugar and honey in it.  I was with them on that one though.  Oh well, maybe the Prairie Life isn't for us after all.

It is strange how all my reading can come together and which then fires my grey cells with a lot of thoughts.  Yesterday a friend posted on their Facebook Status this: Sir Winston Churchill said: "Success consists of someone going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." But, if you think about it, that's also the definition of an airhead.  Interesting.  Today, I read an article on Spark People about Abraham Lincoln which explained how he battled on with life through many disappointments and failure.  It got me thinking about how I cope with the trails of life.  I have a tendency to attend amazing pity parties with a guest of one.  How much more could I  achieve if I  use the set-backs as fuel to carry on?  Since my MIL died I have been trying to do that.  Life will throw up junk as we are in a broken and yucky world.  A verse in the Bible says "More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us."  I need to get this way of thinking into my very being and see what I can achieve.

1 comment:

Louvregirl said...

Masked Sparrow~ "Women are like tea bags, you don't know how strong they are till you put them in hot water."
Eleanor Roosevelt