Friday 7 May 2010

Indecisions abound



So we voted yesterday (unless of course, you were the several hundred who were turned away because it was too late!).  As a country we have given a clear indication of what we don't want but can't really tell anyone what we do want.  Most of the seats across Great Britain have been counted, their results declared and it is official: we are to have a hung Parliament.  What is not clear is the type of coalition we will have.  The Conservatives are going to have talks with the Liberal Democrats later today to see what they can come up with.  Our current Prime Minister has not told us what he is going to do, eg whether he is going to try and hang on or resign.  We will wait and see but please don't hold your breath as they can take as long as they like to decide.  As long as it is by the 25th May.

In other news:  I just don't know what to do with myself.  I resigned my job and it made perfect sense at the time but not so much now.  I now need to know where I go next.  Do I stay where I am as a sort of Supply Nursery Nurse?  Do I apply to another Nursery where a little bird as told me there may be jobs with less hours?  Do I volunteer at the school and see where that leads?  Perhaps, like certain political parties, I need to be taken out and put out of my misery.




Ho hum. However, I am pleased to report that the sun is shining and that bodes well for Flora Day tomorrow.  If I get a chance I will post about that then.

No comments: