Saturday 2 January 2010

The Good Old Days

Just to let you know why I love the age I live in.  We had a Christmas to remember on lots of levels.  In a less technically and scientifically advanced age it could have been a lot worse.  A significant member from our extended family may have not been found if the Police were unable to trace his mobile phone signal.  Mobiles may be an annoyance of modern life BUT in this case they saved a life.

Medical advances meant my girl could be seen by a Dr a few hours after we were concerned for her health.  She was able to go in an ambulance with a supply of oxygen and then was able to be provided with antibiotics which knocked her infection on its head.

So if you want to go back to the Good Old Days please give up all conveniences of 2010, be my guest but don't ask me to join you.

No comments: