Thursday 24 June 2010

Whew, that's a relief

Well, it is World Cup season.  England had us worried there for a bit.  They didn't play well in their first 2 matches.  I feel they were too generous to the other teams!  Thankfully, Jermain Defoe managed to score a goal in the first half.  I didn't see it as I was otherwise engaged.  My girls and I watched the 2nd half but didn't witness any other goals.  We were nearly going to win the group right up to the wire until the USA scored a goal against Algeria.  Sunday we get to play Germany. 

I shall not be holding my breathe but perhaps our team may produce another miracle from the bag. 

In other sporting news:  I am fascinated by the longest ever Tennis match between John Isner and Nicolas Mahut.  Their game has spanned two days and the score last night was 2 sets all with 59 score a piece.  I think they will be relieved when it is all over but both should get a prize for their physical and mental endurance.  Amazing stuff.

1 comment:

Louvregirl said...

Masked Sparrow~~ I like the new look of your blog; very nice! I also followed the Isner~Mahut match and was at the end of MY chair!!!!! What an experience; to be a part of that!
lg!