Monday 10 August 2009

Thanks for the memories.

I have been married over 16 years and for most of that time we have lived away from all family. It was just the 2 of us and then we expanded to 4 when our children came along. For the past year we have lived near a close member of my family. It has been lovely, we have enjoyed the spontaneous coffees, lunches, phone calls, trips around their house to watch cricket etc etc. Due to the need for my brother to be able to provide for his family, they are having to move away in 2 weeks time. He tried to get a job locally but it wasn't to be and will be living about 4 hours drive away. We are trying hard not to collapse at the thought of our family (who are now good friends) moving away from us. When we didn't have family around we were independent and it was a matter of large concern but we have lived with the pleasure of it for a year. It is going to be hard going back to being 'just us'.

I am also struggling a little in that they were one of the pointers in our move here. I find it confusing that they are now going. I understand that in the plan of God we are here and have to make the most of it but I wish it was part of His plan for them to stay.

They haven't gone yet and I am already beginning to feel lonely. Watch out everyone around here I am not going to sit around and stay lonely for long; you will find me around a lot.

So I will thank my family for the lovely year and pray that the closeness will continue even with the distance between us.

No comments: