Saturday 15 August 2009

Favourite verses

Both my daughters have favourite bible verses. One is For the Lamb in the midst of the throne will be their shepherd, and he will guide them to springs of living water, and God will wipe away every tear from their eyes. She loves that fact that she will not cry any more. My other daughter loves the verse when Jesus tells the little girl to get up when she has died - Taking her by the hand he said to her, “Talitha cumi,” which means, “Little girl, I say to you, arise.”

Last night they asked me 'Mummy, what is your favourite verse?' I was unable to choose my favourite between the following two.
Even youths shall faint and be weary, and young men shall fall exhausted; 31 but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint. and I sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears. The latter verse has carried my husband through an incredibly difficult patch this year.

I told the girls we should have a favourite verse board and they thought that was a good idea. So I think that is something we ought to get on and do.

Do you have a favourite verse? Post it here if you wish.

No comments: