Saturday 3 September 2011

Fancy a Blackberry?

I don't mean the phone version either!  In fact, I have to confess I don't really know what it is or looks like.  But that is not the purpose of this little blog.  The purpose of this blog is to show-off if I am being brutally honest. :)

This morning we got up early (nothing new about that in my house) and went out to find some good old-fashioned blackberries.  You know, the deep black-purple kind that grow in abundance in hedges.  We live near the country so it was obviously going to be a doddle.  Except it wasn't.  Thankfully, after risking life and limb, fighting off over-playful dogs, and stopping our youngest daughter from overreaching across a large precipice we managed to find some.  Enough to make a pie anyway.

Recently, I have stumbled across this blog: http://mennonitegirlscancook.blogspot.com/.  It is in my Google-Reader and most days it comes up with delicious looking recipes which I want to try.  One which tempted me enough to make it was a Blackberry Pie recipe, hence the Blackberry finding expedition.

I came home; made the pastry and as is usual when I do that something didn't quite go well.  So I did what I always do and managed to squash and squeeze the pastry into a flan dish.  Who will know once the filling is put on it??  The blackberries were washed and the custard made.  The pie was ready to put together which I duly did.

So after over an hour in the oven and constantly checking on my pie, I am pleased to say that I was pleased with the finished look and, more importantly, the taste.

So for just a little boast some photos for you.





1 comment:

Pam Terrell said...

That looks delicious! Blackberries are my favorite berry. Well done Elizabeth. Wish I could eat a slice with you.